IMAC Lecture - Manager Selection and Blending
David Wright | Zenith Investment Partners
About this Lecture
This lecture instructs IMAC candidates on the principles of investment manager selection and blending in portfolios including:
- the objective and benefits of manager and investment style blending;
- ‘deworsification’ in the context of manager and investment style blending;
- considerations to take into account when blending managers and investment styles;
- factor tools available to assess a manager’s investment style;
- relative performance charecteristics of funds; and,
- the process for effectively blending managers in a portolio.
About the Lecturer
David Wright is Managing Partner and a joint founder of Zenith Investment Partners, the managed funds research business he established in October 2002. David has overall responsibility of the business, and remains closely involved in servicing the firm’s investment consulting clients with model portfolio construction, management and monitoring advice. David has over 22 years of experience researching, assessing and rating all forms of managed investments. Prior to establishing Zenith, he held a position as Head of Research at IWL Ltd, an ASX-listed company, where he was responsible for managing a team of managed fund and equity analysts with the objective of producing investment research and ratings/recommendations for advisers and members of the firm’s retail investment website. Other prior roles included positions as Associate Director and Head of Managed Funds research at Lonsdale Limited, a national financial planning and stock broking group, and a position as an investment analyst with the Advisor Group, also a national financial planning group. David is also a former practitioner lecturer of the Securities Institute of Australia (now FINSIA).
- Read the textbook chapter(s) and paper(s) listed below.
- Download the slides (using the link above the video) and print them, so you can take notes as you’re listening.
- Watch the lecture. You can speed up or slow down the video using the settings in the control bar. If you leave the lecture part way through, note down the time because it won’t “remember” where you were when you return.
- Have your say about the lecture. Complete the 5 questions at the end of the page (your answers are confidential to the Forum and only anonymised, aggregated data is provided to lecturers).
IMAC Lecture: Manager Selection and Blending
What’s your view?
Please answer the following questions (your individual answers are confidential to the Forum and only anonymised, aggregated data is shared with the lecturers).